ICED15: The 20th International Conference on Engineering Design
Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino Milan, Italy
27-30 July 2015
Papers now available at
The very first ICED conference was held in Rome, in 1981. Now, after 34 years, ICED is coming back to Italy! It is with great pleasure that we invite colleagues and friends active in the fields of design research, education and practice, to come to Milan for the 20th edition of this leading conference managed by the Design Society.
Milan is a thriving city at the heart of northern Italy’s active and technology-oriented regions. It is also a city of fashion and lifestyle, from which you will easily and quickly be able to reach many exciting attractions throughout the country.
In 2015, Milan will also host the Universal EXPO, and this is the very first time that the two events will take place at the same time and in the same city. We therefore hope that many will take the opportunity of attending both events, sharing advances in the field of design on the one side, and discovering the latest technologies and trends at the EXPO 2015 on the other side.
EXPO has also inspired the theme of ICED 15: Design for Life – a healthy, sustainable, contented life – for mankind.
We are waiting for you in Milan, for ICED 15!
The conference theme (Design for life) has been inspired by the Expo2015 tagline “Feeding the planet – energy for life”. This theme has been detailed in the three following subthemes, which point to high-impact outcomes for which design can have a crucial role.
- Gaetano Cascini - Politecnico di Milano
- Marco Cantamessa - Politecnico di Torino
- Serena Graziosi - Politecnico Di Milano
- Francesca Montagna - Politecnico Di Torino
- Federico Rotini - Università degli studi di Firenze
- Programme Chair: Christian Weber (TU Ilmenau, Germany)
- Assistant Programme Chair: Stephan Husung (TU Ilmenau, Germany)
- Monica Bordegoni (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Marco Cantamessa (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Gaetano Cascini (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Dorian Marjanovic (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Srinivasan Venkataraman (TU Munich, Germany)